Joel Behrens serves as Managing Director within Trammell Crow Company’s (TCC) Dallas-Ft. Worth Business Unit and of High Street Residential, TCC’s wholly-owned subsidiary specializing in the development of multifamily housing. In his role, he is responsible for the origination, financing, joint venture structuring, and execution of multi-family investments in Texas.
During his tenure at TCC, Joel has executed on 7.1 million square feet of office, multifamily and mixed-use development projects with a total capitalized value of 2.0 billion totaling over 4,700 units.
Joel began his career with TCC in 2008 as an Associate in the Houston office, focusing on office development. From 2009-2010, Joel served as an Asset Manager in Dallas, assisting with the investment committee processand oversight of TCC’s development projects.In 2010, Joel joined the Dallas-Ft. Worth Business Unit as a Vice President where he assisted in the under writing and marketing of office, industrial and multifamily projects. In 2012, Joel took over the leadership of the Dallas-Ft. Worth High Street Residential team.
Professional Affiliations & Community Involvement
- Member, Urban Land Institute (ULI)
- Member, National Multifamily Housing Council
- Board Member, McKinney Avenue Transit Authority
- Board Member, Uptown Dallas, Inc.
- LEED® Accredited Professional
- Licensed Texas Real Estate Salesperson
- Member, Wisconsin Real Estate Alumni Association
Education & Credentials
- University of Wisconsin, MBA, Real Estate and Urban Land Economics
- University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee, BBA, Accounting & Finance