Since joining Trammell Crow Company’s Pittsburgh Development Team in 1998, James has been responsible for managing development and construction activities in Central and Western Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Ohio. As Senior Vice President of Development, he manages all phases of the development process including: due diligence, budgeting, scheduling, design, permitting & approvals, contractor selection and construction management for each project. With his ability to evaluate development and construction options quickly and accurately, James guides clients toward their declared real estate objectives while maximizing their investment value.
James has 28 years of experience in the design and development of real estate projects both nationally and internationally, working extensively with owners, tenants, leasing agents, architects, contractors, utilities, public officials and regulatory agencies in new development and adaptive reuse of existing buildings.
Professional Affiliations & Community Involvement
- LEED® Accredited Professional – (USGBC)
- Urban Land Institute, Member, Local Steering Committee, Treasurer
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties, Member
- Returned Peace Corps Volunteer, Papua New Guinea
- Pittsburgh Irish & Classical Theatre, Past President, Board of Directors
Education & Credentials
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering, University of Dayton
- Master of Civil and Architectural Engineering, University of Colorado, Boulder