Oak Brook, IL 60523
John Carlson serves as Principal of Trammell Crow Company’s Midwest Business Unit. John joined TCC in 2012. He is responsible for development and acquisition activities throughout Chicago and Minneapolis, and the Upper Midwest, including sourcing new opportunities, developing capital relationships, and helping to manage the company’s entitlement, development, and repositioning strategies.
Prior to joining Trammell Crow, John served a Senior Associate for Opus Development Corporation. John also managed the development of three residential projects including: Burr Ridge Village Center in Burr Ridge, IL (193 condominium units), Port Clinton Place in Vernon Hills, IL (60 condominium units, 20 rowhome units), Arboretum Landmark in Lisle, IL (310 apartment units). In addition, he assisted in the execution of three speculative office developments totaling 540,000 square feet. Opus Landmark of Lake Forest II, Highland Landmark V, and Opus Gateway at The Glen.
Professional Affiliations & Community Involvement
- Treasurer/Sponsorship Chair – National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP) – Chicago Chapter
Education & Credentials
- University of Minnesota, College of Design, Bachelor of Science – 2007
Awards & Recognition
- 2014 Visionary Leader Award - Chicago Chapter of Urban Land Institute
- Foundry - 164 apartment units in Minneapolis, MN
- Park 205 - 115 apartment units in Park Ridge, IL
- Maple & Main Apartments - 115 apartment units in Downers Grove, IL
- Arcata - 165 apartment units in Golden Valley, MN
- Junction Flats - 182 apartment units in Minneapolis, MN
- Midtown Square - 138 apartment units in Glenview, IL
- The Island - 174 apartment units in Minnetonka, MN